The Mossman family acquired lands in Sligo through marriage into the Nicholson family. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Adam Mossman held the townland of Ballyglass in the barony of Leyny, amounting to over 400 acres. In the 1870s the Mossman estate amounted to almost 1000 acres. In 1915 H.A. Mossman accepted an offer from the Congested Districts Board on over 450 acres in county Sligo.