Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1906 Alexander Lyons owned a property valued at £8 at Rahaberna, barony of Carbury. At the time of Griffith's Valuation this property was leased from the Lyons estate by George Robinson. McTernan states that the lands passed from the Knox to the Wynne estate in the late eighteenth century. In the early nineteenth century William C. Wood of Rathellen had possession and the house was let to a succession of tenants. It was sold in the Encumbered Estates court in 1853 when the purchaser was Henry Lyons.
G699399 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #8.
McTernan writes that Rathellen was built at the beginning of the nineteenth century as a dower house for the Wood of Woodville estate.. It was purchased by Henry Lyons in 1860 and remained in the Lyons family until the 1940s. It is still extant but unoccupied.
G673368 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links