Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786 Wilson refers to Martin's-town as the seat of Mr. Davys. The residence of George Davis in 1814 and of Mr Davis in the 1830s, apparently held from the Digby family. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Ballymartinmore was in the possession of George Digby and a vacant house valued at £4 was held by Edward Flynn. The house is no longer extant.
|Ballymartinmore||Roscommon||Roscommon||Roscommon Rural 90||Ballintober South||Roscommon||
M881 625 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #39.
Lissadorn was a Crofton home from the mid 17th century. It became a Lloyd home in the 18th century following the marriage of Catherine Crofton and John Yeadon Lloyd in 1786. By 1814 Joseph Healy was living at Lisadurn. Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' (1904) records the second son of Walter Balfe of Heathfield as John Balfe of Lissadorn. J. Balfe was residing at Lissadorn in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Bernard Balfe held Lissadorn, valued at £20, from Viscount Lorton. It is no longer extant. On the first Ordnance Survey map (1838) the demesne included a smaller house named Ryefield.
|Lissadorn||Aughrim||Carrick on Shannon||Creeve 48||Roscommon||Roscommon||
M884 908 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #16.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links