Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The main residence of the Costello family until the early 19th century. Occupied by the rector of the parish, Reverend Plunket, at the time of the first Ordnance Survey and by Thomas Strickland at the time of Griffith's Valuation, who held the property from Viscount Dillon. Only the farm buildings still remain which are now situated in county Roscommon.
M598 948 Discovery map #32. OS Sheet #74.
Loughglynn was the main residence of the Dillon family, built circa 1715, extended in the 1820s and altered again in the early 20th century. It is recorded in 1814, 1837 and in Griffith's Valuation as the seat of Viscount Dillon. The Dillons were absentee landlords for much of the nineteenth century and their agents, the Stricklands, lived in the house. During the twentiethcentury the house served as a convent. Loughglinn House is still extant.
|Loughglinn Demesne||Tibohine||Castlerea||Loughglinn 59||Frenchpark||Roscommon||
M637868 Discovery map #32. OS Sheet #20.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links