Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Laragh and Ross
The residence of Thomas Tighe in 1814. In 1830 held in fee by the Mahons of Cavetown. At the time of Griffith's Valuation occupied by Patrick Joseph O'Connor who held the house from Patrick O'Connor. Modern farm buildings occupy the site now.
|Laragh and Ross||Drumatemple||Castlereagh||Ballintober 60||Ballymoe||Roscommon||
M720 718 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #34.
In 1786 Wilson notes Cavetown as the seat of the Rev. Dean Mahon and the Reverend Arthur Mahon resided there in 1814. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey a ''gentleman's seat of two stories'' is noted in Cavetown. Guy Lloyd is recorded as the proprietor. This may be the property, valued at £5, leased from the Lloyd estate by Geo. Laird at the time of Griffith's Valuation. There are buildings still extant at this site.
|Cavetown or Ballynahoogh||Estersnow||Boyle||Croghan 25||Boyle||Roscommon||
M843980 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #10.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links