Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In the mid 1850s valued at £20 and owned by Richard Bond in fee, who advertised it for sale in 1856. Described as a modern edifice on the shore of Lough Ree. The sale rental includes a lithograph. Bought by Bernard William Bagot in 1858 from Edward John Irwin. Sold by the Bagots to Samuel Auchmuty in 1903. Owned by the Auchmutys in the 20th century and known as Carnure House.
|Carrownure Upper||St Johns||Athlone||Lecarrow 16||Athlone||Roscommon||
M994 527 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #46.
Occupied by Mr Bart Purdue in 1814 and in the 1830s described as a gent's seat belonging to Mr Bond with a neat demesne attached. The sale rental of 1856 states that it was built by the Reverend James Bond. In the 1850s held by Richard Bond in fee from the Court of Chancery and described as a herd's house with office. The home of Benjamin Greene in 1906. Occupied until the late 20th century, now derelict.
|Galeybeg||St Johns||Athlone||Lecarrow 16||Athlone||Roscommon||
M963 555 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #42.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links