Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Referred to as a herd' s house at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was occupied by William Harrison who held it from Patrick Curtis. The house now extant at the site is not the original one.
M822 618 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #39.
The Crofton family are originally recorded as 'of Ballymurray'. Ballymurray is the next townland east of Mote Demesne. A house at Ballymurray was occupied by Captain E. W. Kelly in 1837 and by Edmund Kelly in the 1850s, who held the house, valued at £9, from the representatives of James Daly. William Curtis was residing in Ballymurray in the 1870s. The property is labelled "Balymurray House" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. It is no longer extant.
M917606 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #42.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links