Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786 Wilson refers to Woodstock as the seat of R. Shaw. The home of Stephen Blake in 1814, it later became the home of the Comyn family. The house was burnt down in June 1877 and never rebuilt. The family mainly resided in France afterwards.
M243 291 Discovery map #45. OS Sheet #81.
In 1786, Wilson mentions Newford as the seat of Edward Browne. In 1814 Thomas Tighe is recorded as residing at Newford. Patrick Fitzpatrick of Newford House, Athenry is listed as a subscriber to ''Lewis' Topographical Dictionary'' (1837). The house was later part of the Whaley and Perry estates in the 1850s and was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in 1852. Portion of Newford later bacame incorporated into Mellows Agricultural College farm. The house is no longer extant.
M494268 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #84.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links