Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation Thomas Rice was leasing a property valued at £5 together with over 150 acres at Clooncunny, barony of Leyny, from the Kirkwood estate. Lewis records Thomas Rice's seat as Achonry in 1837. A house and farm are still extant at this location.
G590171 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #32.
The Kirkwood estate was centred on Cottlestown House. The name seems to have sometimes been known as Castletown and this is how it appears on the First ed. OS sheet but documentary evidence would seem to suggest the estate was also known as Cottlestown. The Buildings of Ireland survey states that it is likely that the present house was added to an earlier, probably eighteenth century structure, which in turn replaced the fortified house on the site. On modern OS sheets the townland is known as Cottlestown. This property later became part of the Boyd estate.
|Cottlestown||Castleconnor||Dromore West||Castleconnor West 15||Tireragh||Sligo||
G291259 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #22.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links