Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Eagle Hill was leased from Andrew Martin by Henry Pigott at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £20. In 1837 Lewis recorded Eagle Hill as the seat of Capt. H. Pigot. It was recorded as the residence of A.P. Martin in 1814. In 1906 Anne Martin was the owner when the buildings were valued at almost £16. It is still extant and occupied.
M731063 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #125.
Cartron House (Ballynakill)
On the first-edition Ordance Survey map this building is labelled "police barracks" but is shown on the 25-inch map of hte 1890s as Cartron House. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was still a police barracks and valued at over £12, when it was part of the estate of Sir Thomas Burke of Marble Hill. Madden states that evictions on this estate had resulted in buildings in the area being attacked. Cartron House is still extant and occupied.
|Knockdrummore||Ballynakill||Loughrea||Marble Hill 141||Leitrim||Galway||
M690045 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #125.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links