Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786, Wilson mentions Newford as the seat of Edward Browne. In 1814 Thomas Tighe is recorded as residing at Newford. Patrick Fitzpatrick of Newford House, Athenry is listed as a subscriber to ''Lewis' Topographical Dictionary'' (1837). The house was later part of the Whaley and Perry estates in the 1850s and was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in 1852. Portion of Newford later bacame incorporated into Mellows Agricultural College farm. The house is no longer extant.
M494268 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #84.
Laragh and Ross
The residence of Thomas Tighe in 1814. In 1830 held in fee by the Mahons of Cavetown. At the time of Griffith's Valuation occupied by Patrick Joseph O'Connor who held the house from Patrick O'Connor. Modern farm buildings occupy the site now.
|Laragh and Ross||Drumatemple||Castlereagh||Ballintober 60||Ballymoe||Roscommon||
M720 718 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #34.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links