The Bodkin estate of Kilcloony was bought by the Irish Land Purchase and Settlement Company in 1884 for £43,000. Mohr writes that this was the only purchase of the company. Charles Stewart Parnell was the Company's Chairman. In January 1902 529 acres of the Kilcloony estate were vested in the Congested Districts' Board.
National Library of Ireland:
Ordnance Survey maps showing lands in non congested districts: Kilcloony estate, 529 acres in barony of Dunmore, Co Galway, 1907. 15.A.23(12)