Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Originally a Daly house. In 1783 Taylor and Skinner and Wilson, in 1786, record Queensborough as a seat of the Earl of Louth. Slater refers to Quansborough Lodges as the seat of William B. Burke in 1846. Mentioned in the sale notice for portion of the St. George estate in November 1853. John P Watson was the occupier of a house valued at £13 in the townland of Stowlin, parish of Kilquain, barony of Longford, in 1856. In 1906 this house was owned by Kate Watson and was valued at £33. Buildings are still extant at site though may have been modernised. The Clonbrock Estate Papers, Collection List 54 in the National Library contain early 19th century rentals of the Quansbury estate. In many documents the name of this house is spelt Quansbury but on the Ordnance Survey maps it is spelt Quainsborough.
M855148 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #107, 108.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links