Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Wilson, writing in 1786, notes Fairfield as the seat of Mr. O'Brien. In 1837, Lewis records Fairfield as the seat of John O'Brien. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Fairfield was leased by James Thorngate to Daniel Cruise. Taylor and Skinner record Fairfield as a seat of the O'Brien family in 1783. The original house is not extant.
M781359 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #74.
A house at Kilmore was occupied by the Reverend William Thompson in 1814. Edward Corcoran and John Sadlier held Kilmore valued at £3 in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Edward Kennedy owned the property in the 1870s. The house, which was located just inside the stone pillars, was demolished circa 2004.
|Kilmore||Athleague||Roscommon||Athleague East 87||Athlone||Roscommon||
M853 560 Discovery map #40. OS Sheet #41.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links