Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
John H. Craig was leasing a property valued at £65 at Back, parish of Kilcloony, barony of Clonmacnowen from the Clancarty estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He was running this property as a hotel. In Slater's Commerical Directory, 1846, Craig's hotel was located on the Main Street in Ballinasloe. The Royal Mail car called there on its way from Galway to Dublin.
|Back||Kilcloony||Ballinasloe||Ballinasloe Urban 5||Clonmacnowen||Galway||
M852309 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #88.
Beechlawn House (Kilcloony)
John Craig was leasing a house valued at £10 to Geoffrey Prendergast at Pollboy, parish of Kilcloony, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. On the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map the building at this site is labelled schoolhouse. However, a larger building of differing proportions is shown on the later 25-inch Map of the 1890s. The property at this site is named Beechlawn House by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage.
|Pollboy||Kilcloony||Ballinasloe||Ballinasloe Rural 4||Clonmacnowen||Galway||
M849297 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #87, 88.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links