Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Oatfield House, owned by John Longworth , was vacant at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Earlier, in 1837, Lewis had recorded it as the seat of Major Lynch even though this house had been in the possession of the Longworth family since at least 1814. The Ordnance Survey Field name books also record it as the residence of Major Lynch. In 1783 Taylor & Skinner and in 1786,Wilson, both recorded Oatfield as a property of the Brabazon family. By 1906 it was the property of Edward Longworth. The original house is not extant at the site now.
M745262 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #86.
Sprucehill House (Kilconnell)
Sprucehill House is noted as the residence of Samuel Harrison in 1814. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the occupied property in this townland is a herd's house, part of the Longworth estate and valued at £2. Sprucehill House is described as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s.
M730287 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #86.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links