Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Palmerstown ( Pokoroko)
In 1814 a house at Fairy Hill was the residence of Mr. Palmer. This property was held on a lease renewable forever from the Clanricarde estate. It is recorded in Lewis under Portumna town. In 1865 it was occupied by Lewis Goodbody who had purchased it in the Landed Estates Court in 1861. The sale notice refers to the house as "Pokoroko" and this title appears again in the Cunningham sale report of June 1886. However on both the 1st and 25-inch editions of the Ordnance Survey map it is labelled Palmerstown House, the name by which it is still known. It is still extant and occupied.
|Fairy Hill||Lickmolassy||Portumna||Portumna 183||Longford||Galway||
M862050 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #127.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, John Cunningham was leasing a house valued at £13 at Gowil, parish of Lickmolassy, from Anne Shewbridge. This appears to be the house known as Oakley Park, occupied in the 1870s by the Pigot family. It is still extant and occupied.
M853062 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet # 127.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links