Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The property at Hearnesbrook was occupied by George Hearn Kirkaldy at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was also recorded as his residence by Lewis in 1837. In 1814 Hearnsbrook was the residence of Major Lyons. Slater notes it as the seat of A.J. Mackay in 1894. In 1783 Taylor and Skinner, and Wilson, in 1786, recorded it as a seat of the Hearn family. In 1885 Walford refers to William Clifford Bermingham-Ruthven as "of Hearnesbrooke". It is still extant and occupied and is the focus of a large farming enterprise.
|Hearnesbrook Demesne||Killimorbologue||Portumna||Killimor 174||Longford||Galway||
M792130 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #107.
Richard Irwin was leasing a property valued at £35 at Rathmoyle, barony of Castlereagh, from George H. Kirkaldy, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This property was also recorded as the residence of Richard Irwin in both 1814 and 1837. In 1749 the Census of Elphin recorded that Arthur Irwin, farmer, resided at Rathmoyle. Gormley states that the property continued in the possession of the Irwin family until 1921. The final distribution of land from this estate took place in 1969 and the house was demolished.
M757823 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #21.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links