Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built in the first half of the 19th century by Michael J. Browne who was forced to sell his estate in the mid 1850s when the house was described as ‘a magnificent pile of Grecian architecture of the Doric order’. John Stratford Kirwan bought the house and demesne in 1857 from Edward Browne who had purchased it in 1855. Kirwan advertised it for sale again in 1865. It was eventually sold to the Waithmans who later purchased Merlin Park. In 1912 the house became a hospice for infirm priests and in the 1930s was taken over by the Sacred Heart Missionaries. Since 1972 it has been the home of a number of people, including the broadcaster and poet George MacBeth and the singer Donovan. A floor plan and lithographs of the house are included in the various sale rentals.
M522 454 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #44.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links