Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage suggests that Raford House was built c.1760. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Captain Daly in 1786. It was being leased by Denis Bodkin from Harriett Daly at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £40. John Archer Daly was the owner of Raford House in 1906 when it was also valued at £40. Raford is still extant and occupied. Modern development has taken place on part of the demesne lands.
M604264 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #85.
Abberanville House is descibed as "in ruins" on the 1st edition OS map. The townland, containing 24 acres, was part of John B. Daly's estate and was leased to John Blake when the buildings were valued at £15s. The ruins of a hemp factory were located nearby. There are no buildings at the site now.
M610232 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #97.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links